Coruscant was the seat of power for the Emperor and now has become the capital of the New Republic and the reformed Galactic Senate. The battle to liberate the old empirial capital was hard fought, but was not a complete victory for the Rebellion. During and in the aftermath of the battle, many of the imperial beauracrats and those loyal the Empire fled the planet and took with them many valuables and cultural treasures from throughout the galaxy. This fact has been largely covered up by the New Republic as it would be an embarrassment to the fledgling regime.
- The crew has been commissioned to salvage a derelict vessel believed to be the clemency.
- The clemency was one of the ships that ran the rebel blockade during the aftermath of the battle of Coruscant.
- It is believed to contain a large number of valuables and cultural artifacts removed from the planet.
- The clemency never arrived at its destination and was thought lost.
- Several Weeks ago a derelict floated into sensor range of the verpine asteroid colonies baring the markings of the Clemency
- They were hired by a museum curator from Commenor. He offered 250c each and a 500c bonus if the ship turns out to be clemency and the cargo is intact.
Salvaging the Ship:
- The captain brings stops at a distance and sends a shuttle/fighter to take a closer look
- Once it looks safe the ship gets in close and locks on the tractor beam to stabilize it and stop the spinning
- Then the crew will have to don suits and space walk over to gain access
- Once they get onboard they can search
o They’ll bump into a dead storm trooper or two, and a few dead beaurocrats
o The life support and gravity are off, due to engine failure, the engine took damage
o The shields are blown and unsalvageable.
o The hyperdrive seems to be damaged, but salvageable
o The computers are intact if they can power them up, but the data is mostly correpted. They can find data on the destination (gala)
o The cargo hold has several large containers. Slicing can open them. Inside are priceless cultural artifacts from around the galaxy, valuables, and unidentifiable cylinders (maybe medical or biological inside)
- They spend the next few days breaking down the ship and getting anything valuable inside.
o If they try to break into the crates, the captain says “we were contracted to deliver the cargo intact and untampered with” so no, you can’t open them. And if you find anything interesting inside let me know. This goes without saying that it better look like they’re intact when we deliver them
Delivering the Goods:
- Professor Chiico Sapan, a duros is waiting for them on Commenor at the museum
- Their shuttle must stop and be scanned by customs before any items are allowed out of the star port. While they wait they are encouraged to relax at the resturants and cantinas around the star port.
o They are met by the professors assistant, a young human named Kavis. He pleads with them to give him the artifacts so he can return them to Coruscant. He doesn’t have any money to offer, but pleads that is the right thing to do. He believes the professor is going to sell the objects.
o Where ever they go they are confronted by a drunk correllian who accuses them of killing his brother. “you people”
o He will start the fight and his many brothers will jump in
- As they are headed to the museum they notice several storm troopers headed down the street in the direction of the star port.
- When they arrive at the museum they are met by the professor, who locks the door behind them.
o He leads them to one of the large galleries where he asks them to put the crates.
“And you’re sure it was the clemency?” “oh I wish I could’ve seen it”
o “Please open them up” “nobody has seen these objects in years, and they were thought lost forever” “I’m so exited”
o Kavis enters the gallery “Professor are these the artifacts?”
“We shall soon see”
o After they open them and the professor confirms some items “this is the blah blah from blah blah!” , his comm link goes off
“Professor, do you have the items?”
• “Yes lord Tiro, they appear to all be here, per your manifest”
- With that 2 storm troopers enter the far end of the room, followed by 4 four more, a human dressed in Imperial officers cloths and a large Wookie with a scared face and eye on the right side as well as a cybernetic right arm.
o The Officer greets the professor “Professor Chiico, this is a great day for both of us”
o “Raalytuck, the crates” The wookie motions to two of the storm troopers and the three of them walk up to the crates.
o Kavis tries to stop them “NO! Professor, you can’t let them have these artifacts. They belong to the people of the galaxy and to posterity. “
The professor “Kavis, you don’t understand. These items were stored in a museum and they weren’t safe. This is best”
Kavis pulls out a pistol “NO professor! He is pointing at the Wookie, then turns back to the professor “This isn’t right, they stole these items, we can’t…”
o Raalytuck pulled out his wookie bowcaster with such speed it was almost a blur and fired cutting off Kavis mid-sentence
Lord Tiro “Thank you Raalytuck, I was growing irritated by his incessant crying”
• Raalytuck lets out a Wookie growl that sounds almost like a laugh but scarier.
o The storm troopers start the search and quickly come up with what they were looking for “Sir I think this is it”
Lord Tiro “YES! Take the cylinders, leave the rest”
He then waves to one of the storm troopers who takes a case of credits to the professor
o The professor says “Wait, this doesn’t include the bonus!”
“you can keep the rest of the artifacts. To someone of your profession that should be bonus enough”
o If they PC’s complain…
“I had a deal with the professor not you. I can see you are business men. I suggest you take up your concerns with the professor as he seems to have broken your agreement.
Obligation to the ship = I want something that the ship should have. I get it from the ship but gain the obligation debt, they can’t get rid of until they pay it off. If it pops someone on the ship needs the item or the money and the PC must pay it back immediately or the obligation goes up and compounds interest equal to the % of the obligation (aka 5pt = 5% interest)